In addition to our core focus on support groups, counseling and social activities for those who have lost their spouse or life partner, we offer several different resources. This includes our monthly newsletters, links to other articles and websites and several books and other print materials available in our office.
We create and send monthly newsletters full of details about upcoming events, insightful articles and other resources you might not know about. Part of our newsletter is about keeping you connected to your peers – those who have also dealt with the loss of their spouse.
Download PDF copies of our most recent newsletters here
Sign up to receive our newsletters delive
red to your Inbox (Email) or Mailbox (Regular Mail)
Please note that our organization runs entirely on donations. Receiving our newsletter via email saves money and helps the environment.
Over time, we have found and continue to create a list of helpful articles, programs and other groups to help our participants find the ongoing support and connections they need. Here are a few of our more recent links. Simply click to open each one.
WPS offers a small resource library in our office. In addition below are some suggestions for reading materials that can be purchased at local bookstores. Books authored by Susan Zonnebelt-Smeenge and Robert De Vries are also available through the WPS office. We are hopeful the resources can also be of help through the grief process.
Books by Susan J. Zonnebelt-Smeenge and Robert C. De Vries
- Getting to the Other Side of Grief: Overcoming the Loss of a Spouse
- The Empty Chair: Handling Grief on Holidays and Special Occasions
- Traveling through Grief: Learning to Live Again after the Death of a Loved One
- Living Fully in the Shadow of Death: Assurance and Guidance to Finish Well
- From We to Me: Embracing Life Again After the Death or Divorce of a Spouse
- Cancer and Death: A Love Story in Two Voices by Leah Vande Berg and Nick Trujillo